LiFePO4 battery / UPS / power manager for Raspberry Pi
Patrick Van Oosterwijck came up with a project to power up a Raspberry Pi off the LiFePO4wered/USB. He claims the Pi can run for almost 2 hours!
- Ever wished you could unplug your Raspberry Pi and move it elsewhere when you were in the middle of something and didn’t want to turn it off?
- Ever wanted to have your Pi run on battery power for a couple of hours?
- Ever wanted to have your Pi sleep most of the time, but wake up to do a short task at regular intervals, all while battery powered?
- Ever wanted your Pi to have a power button that would do a clean shutdown instead of just pulling power, even if you were using it headless?
- Ever had a high-availability application where you wanted your Pi to run through short power outages, and cleanly shut down and come back online when power returned?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, LiFePO4wered/Pi is for you! 🙂
Read more about the project on Hackaday